COVID Policies as of 1/3/2022
Corbett Prep is temporarily requiring all students (preK3 - 8th), faculty, staff, and all visitors regardless of vaccination status, to wear a mask indoors while on campus and is recommending the use of a mask outdoors.
If your Child Tests Positive for Covid-19
- The positive student needs to remain home in isolation for a minimum of 5 days from the positive test date.
- If asymptomatic after 5 days (or later), they may return to school (with a mask for days 6-10) - regardless of campus mask policy.
If your child is Identified as a Close Contact
If your child has ANY signs or symptoms, regardless of their vaccination status, a TEST is required.
- If positive, Stay home - must remain in isolation for 5 days, Then mask for 5 days
- If negative but still has symptoms: Stay Home and Re-Test at or after 72hrs - If negative may return once asymptomatic.
- Results need to be shared with Nurse Susan at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Identified as a close contact but no Symptoms
Is vaccinated / Has had Covid during the past 3 months but no symptoms:
- Not a mandatory quarantine; test recommended between 48 and 72 hours following exposure to a test-positive individual.
If not vaccinated (and no symptoms):
- Stay Home for 72hrs - then Test-To-Return – to avoid longer quarantine, the first TEST should be no sooner than 72 hours following exposure to the positive individual. (Student stays out until first test results are known). A student may return as soon as negative first test results are shared with the school and Nurse Susan signs off.
- If the test is positive, quarantine for at least 5 days
- If a student chooses to not test and is asymptomatic after 5 days (or later), they may return to school (with a mask for days 6-10) - regardless of campus mask policy.
Close Contact Tracing
Corbett Prep will run Campus Contact Tracing for the positive student up to 48hrs prior to the test result and inform any identified close contacts and classroom families.
Corbett Prep will update the Covid Dashboard located on the parent portal.